Monday, February 28, 2022

February 28, 2022

Caleb made an “Exploding Potion” for his school science fair this year.

By now most of you know about the transition that we are going through as a family.  After extending our home assignment for a while to handle some educational and health issues, and then adding “Maybe another few months” for a while, we were told that we need to plan on spending a couple of years in the USA while we work some of these things out. 
 

              You can probably imagine some of the range of emotions we’ve experienced during this process, other experiences surrounding “re-entry” as it applies to relationships and everyday life are a bit harder to relate to.  We do appreciate all of the encouraging conversations we’ve had with our supporters, and the time you spend keeping up with us and praying.
 

              I am writing this newsletter from Uganda, I have been in Africa for the last few weeks.  I had to come back and close down our home.  Anything we leave behind will get destroyed by rats and termites, so most of my time was spent deciding what to throw away, give away, sell away and pack away.  I was able to spend a few evenings having supper with other missionary friends which was nice.  After twelve years, these Germans, Kiwis and South Africans are people I can easily enjoy and relate to, while at “home” it feels way more difficult.  I had a few tearful goodbyes with Paul and Michael and Teresa.  Now I’m trying to sell one last vehicle and getting ready for my flight back to Kansas City.  When I get back I will settle into a new role within Pioneers on a team called Encountering the World of Islam.  I will also be reaching out to more churches for chances to share and hopefully replace some of the donors that we’ve lost in the transition.  The kids are enjoying their teachers and classes at a Christian school that the Lord provided for us.  It really is hard to see what’s next and know what to write about in a newsletter!

For Ezekiel’s science fair project his class did “Habitats.”  He chose savannah because that’s what we have in Lohutok.  He was pretty proud of it.

 

              This morning I was reading the Bible and I came to Psalm 13.  I was reading Psalms out loud and this one I just couldn’t get through!  I started over again and again and was just fascinated at the way that King David was saying the same thing that I’ve been praying for months.  Sometimes it’s hard to go from verse 4 to verse 5 (look it up J ) but we know that in Christ we must!  As I am grieving the reality of leaving my friends and family behind for such a long time, I’m trying to force myself to meditate on the truth of the Gospel.  No snakes, no stones…only good gifts from a perfect and loving Father who is in Heaven.

               Please pray for us as we make this transition, talk about it with our kids, try to budget while recovering from support loss, learn how to have meaningful Christian relationships with people in the USA again, and work towards healing for future ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment