Friday, September 30, 2022

September 27, 2022



          I’ve been to more than twenty countries around the world, and every state east of Kansas City, but I’ve never been west of Wichita and Salina, KS. I’ve also driven through a few mountains but, apart from the small hills in Lohutok, have never spent time in mountains outside of a vehicle. Labor Day weekend, Amy had a friend getting married in St. Louis and I had the chance to go to a conference in Estes Park. The kids came to Colorado with me and it was an exciting weekend. 


          The conference was an event for Merge and Vision 5:9, which is an association of missions organizations who have the goal of reaching the Muslim diaspora in the USA with the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was a great chance to meet people from other places in the USA who are involved in the same kind of work. We got to talk about different approaches and strategies, network with people who would be interested in the training course our team provides, make some fun new friends, and connect with some old friends. I even got to talk to some people about ways to use CRM to improve processes…the boring stuff that I do now. 




          The kids are back in school full swing, Amy’s working as a para, I’m learning a new software and networking with churches to talk about Muslim ministry. I’m also volunteering as the librarian at the kids’ school (Don’t I strike you as a librarian? Haha). I’m speaking at churches and trying to get people involved in reaching the Muslims around them, and also trying to get our support back up. Other than that, these newsletters are hard to write because life just feels…boring! 


           Thank you so much for keeping up with us, our calendars, praying and caring. We couldn’t do this without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment